Monday, October 20, 2014

Lego Mania Birthday Party!



         



Can you guess by the title who this is about...?
It could only be Alex!! The boy who plays Legos (playing and building) 7 days a week morning, noon, and night. (Quite literally, he plays before school, we play together after lunch until it's time to get Lilia, and then he plays for a good hour before bed.)
So in order to celebrate my great big boy turning 5 we celebrated Lego style (much thanks to Pinterest!!)
What I lack in math skills (seriously), I make up for in creativity. I went through Alex's Lego face collection and made faces on cups.

Thanks to yellow spray paint I was able to turn a former amazon box into a yellow brick pinata.
I cut out the shape of a lego head, cut out eyes and coated those faces in yellow for our photo booth (pictured later).

I also saw the idea of turning yellow lanterns into lego heads. Oh yeah - that happened too. I finished most of the cups and lantern heads late one night. That night's dreams were filled with Legos - red legos to be specific. We needed more red legos!
It was clear in the morning that I was spending way too much time on all this. However, when Alex came down in the morning and saw the lanterns and cups; his reaction made it all worth it!


I can't believe my snuggly, master-builder, tender hearted, incredibly observant, detail-oriented little guy is 5!!! I wouldn't trade his younger years, but I'm thankful that he's growing up. He's so much fun to play with, make up crazy games while Lilia is at school and it's just he and I, and build Legos with. I am enjoying him more and more!! He still has his beloved Stinky Bear. Although, just after his 5th birthday he stopped sucking on the ear. I'm pretty sure because half of it is dangling off. Maybe he's aware of the possibility of swallowing it? It wouldn't surprise me. Now he snuggles it to fall asleep and rubs Stinky's ear against his face. Could he moving away from Stinky? It's hard to picture them not together. 








No comments:

Post a Comment