Saturday, July 19, 2014

Dude!!!

 Two weeks ago we were up at my parents. The kids can ride bikes in the street because their aren't as many cars around. I was jogging (yes you read jogging...I have to jog a bit so they can enjoy bike riding and not have to wait forever for me to catch up) behind Alex on his bike and I noticed neither of his training wheels were touching the ground.
This past week we met Dave on Penn's campus after work and took the training wheels off.
Dave ran with Alex for about 20 feet and had to let go. Alex was riding too fast for Dave to keep up.
When he let go Alex kept going for a while. He totally got it!!! We were so surprised, and excited for him.
Dave helped him get started and he was off riding! Alex and Lilia rode all around campus for a long, long time. He was even riding on the grass that afternoon. It was so awesome!!
We celebrated at the Lil Pop Shop just like we did with Lilia when she learned in April.
Now we go out on bike rides around the neighborhood most days. I have to jog to keep up. It's really fun and exciting when your kids become more independent in really fun ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment