Monday, June 23, 2014

June 22nd

There are 2 moments that are etched into my memory that when I think back on them, I'm filled with abounding joy, a smile automatically comes on my face and my heart is filled with love. The first moment goes back to my high school years. I had become the first Christian in my family and my parents started coming to church. One Sunday my dad nudged me, "Kate, I'm thinking of walking down. Would you come with me."
I got to hold my dads hand as we walked to the front of the church where he then prayed to receive Christ into his heart.

The second is of course my wedding day. Oh, it was so special. I remember sitting on the floor by the window upstairs in the Aldie Mansion dressing room singing along to, "Better is One Day." I thought to my self, 'My wedding day is supposed to be the happiest day of my life, but the Bible says that better is one day in the courts of heaven than a thousand days on earth - including the happiest day of my life.'
I was in awe of those thoughts, and a huge smile came over my face as tears ran down my cheeks. I worshipped the Lord.

June 22nd is now the third moment, frozen in time, forever etched into my mind. I will picture our fancy clothes, where we were standing. I can remember looking out at Stacy's (the pastor's wife) face and seeing her tearing up because she knows Lilia. She has taught her in Sunday school and has walked me through moments of parenting where I needed spiritual direction. I can see my mom's face and the huge, tear-filled smile on her face.
Lilia's baptism.
The moment in time when she declared to the heavens and the earth, "MY HEART BELONGS TO JESUS!!"
A moment in time no person can take away from her.
It was so special.

When it was time for Tuck (our pastor) to ask her the questions of faith, Lilia pulled away from me in ownership to her faith, turned toward Tuck and answered boldly, "I do."







No comments:

Post a Comment