Thursday, June 5, 2014

Delight in the Day

Today has been so wonderful and delightful despite it being day 9 of Dave being away for work. The weather started off so rainy, but as the afternoon came the sky cleared up enough to have some sunshine. The storm pushed away the humidity and brought that perfect spring weather we can experience here in Philadelphia.
Alex and spent much of the afternoon out back just reveling in the perfect weather and bits of sunshine. I had my hands in the garden, pulling out weeds and sweeping up. I could sweep out there everyday and I'd still fill a bag. It's kind of amazing, but I guess the wind blows it in and it has no where to go.
I love our back yard. It's very tiny, but it so peaceful, green and beautiful. Before dinner I turned an old bird house into a plant holder. The roof is mostly off so I just squeezed a pot in there with some trailing green and purple plant. It looks so whimsical and fun. I'm thinking of finding old coffee tins, the big round ones, and painting them really fun and using them as pot holders. Then I'm going to attach them to the fence and add some pops of color. Speaking of color the morning glory is halfway up the fence and I've already seen one purple flower. I love when it's all full. It's so pretty.
As the kids read their new books out back I brought out some dinner and the three of us ate in the cool of the evening. It was perfect...we were just missing Dave. Gosh - I miss him. I just miss his company. Only a day and a half until he's home!
God has been so faithful in providing help through friends and family. And when they aren't around, God has been carrying me through by His Spirit. I've had more patience and self-control this week then any I can remember recently. Weird huh? I'm incredibly thankful, and I feel so blessed and cared for by God.

No comments:

Post a Comment