Sunday, February 23, 2014

Wissahickon in the Raw

 Last Friday afternoon Dave and I stopped at the Wissahickon trail, Valley Green Inn, to go for a hike. The kids were at my parents and it was another Kate and Dave adventure!
As we walked along the snowy path we can across a pile of feathers - a kill scene. It must not have been too long that a bird of prey attacked and ate what looks to be the feathers of a robin. It was so cool to actually get to see the remains of something's lunch.


 We walked about a mile and a half to the covered bridge. As we stopped to hang out for a bit and rest a broad-winged hawk flew over head and landed on a branch nearby.
Thankfully I had my camera with me and not just my phone. I got some incredible shots of this regal and fearsome bird.
Our roundtrip 3 mile hike in the snow turned out to be not just a fun, impromptu date, but a close up of nature at it's finest.






No comments:

Post a Comment