Sunday, September 15, 2013

Alex's First Day of Preschool

 Alex will be four next month so when he goes to Kindergarten in two years he will be on the older side; which is better for boys.
Tuesday morning he started his first day at Overbrook Preschool. Miss Cathy is his teacher, whom Lilia had as well.
About 8:15 I had to wake up my sleepy head so we wouldn't be late. When I told him it was his first day of preschool he popped out of bed and immediately got dressed with excitement. Outside taking pictures instead of saying cheese he said, "school," all of his own accord.
 




I asked Alex if he wanted to leave Stinky Bear in the car, but he said, "I feel better with him." So Stinky bear came to preschool too.
His favorite first day activities were eating, and playing outside. Both are very normal responses, but funny to hear.

Alex did struggle with some separation issues, which I figured, but he was excited to play when he found this fire truck.
On Thursday, his second day of school, we forgot Stinky Bear and Alex really had a hard time staying. We prayed together, but he still clung to me crying. Miss Cathy is great about grabbing the kids and distracting them. After school when I picked him up, she said that he did fine. Whew! What a relief. I was praying for him most of the morning.

Lesson learned: Don't forget Stinky Bear!

No comments:

Post a Comment