Saturday, July 20, 2013

"Astounding"

     If I could only use one word to summarize our summer out here I would say, "astounding!"
My classes were incredible. God taught me so much, opened my eyes to the depths of scriptures, brought out my idol of needing people's approval, and humbled me through preparing for my talk.

     The kids had a blast! They played outside everyday for endless hours, made lots of friends, swam several times a week, and had quality time with their dad.






     We certainly got our fill of nature out here. I think I'm ready to go back to the city. However, I will miss the vast open sky, views of the foothills and mountains, access to snow-capped peaks, that unique smell of summer pine (I hope to find a candle that encompasses that smell), and incredible sunsets.




     We've loved our time out here exponentially! It will be hard to leave the beauty of this place, but we are starting our drive back home tomorrow - back to reality. The reality of the city, humidity, school starting for Lilia and Alex, international students flooding campus, and the daily grind. It will be good.



No comments:

Post a Comment