Monday, June 11, 2012

More horse adventures

 My dad and Tony have been friends from high school. His wife Patty has owned a horse since her and Tony got married.
As a kid I remember driving up York Road, then onto Almshouse Road and onto their huge property. I remember them having horses then, but not much else. It had been probably 20 years since I've seen Tony and Patty.
We dropped in on them Saturday afternoon. (My dad and Tony are still great friends.) Only now their house is far into the untouched ares of Bucks County.
A barn swallow in her nest.

After a tour of their house Patty took us into the barn to see her 4 horses. She took us into the stalls, showed Lilia the horses food, and showed Lilia all around her horse trailers. Lilia was in her glory.
Lilia and I went into the house to use the bathroom. When she was finished she said, "Now let's go out to my best friend." (Meaning Patty.)
Patty told Lilia that she can come back and ride when she's older.

No comments:

Post a Comment