Monday, November 29, 2010

There are steps, then there are STEPS!

Alex has come a long, long, long, long, long way. The first 5 months were awful. (Even my pediatrician said I had it bad.) Then slowly he got easier, although he never got easy.
I do have to say that this past week has been so incredibly different. He plays by himself more often and he can be more independent of me. Today was huge if you know Alex at all. I was in the kitchen making lunch and Lilia and Alex were upstairs playing!
To put it in perspective, there are some times when Lilia and Alex are playing in Lilia's room (his favorite room in the house) and I walk out just to throw something away, then he crawls after me crying. This is the same kid who played so independent of me today!!! Unbelievable. I am so grateful to God.
On anther note...Alex will be walking by the end of the week. Today he was in a sitting position and stood by himself then took about 4-5 steps! He's getting it!

No comments:

Post a Comment