Thursday, April 15, 2010

Refreshed!

We are at a Bridges conference in Austin, TX this week. The kids are with our parents. My prayer requests for this week have been threefold.
1. That we would get more of a vision for Bridges & working with international students.
2. That we would be refreshed in our relationship with Jesus.
3. That we would get quality time as a couple.
Thank you God for answering each one of these prayers! We aren't even leaving until tomorrow, but I really feel refreshed in my relationship with God. I'm ready to go home to my family and serve them again! Also, there are some things I'm going to start praying for daily that I've neglected for so long such as a team, schooling for Lilia and a ministry opportunity for myself. Tonight I added to it that God would be directing us, especially Dave, on Penn's campus to where he's already moving and working.
I'm so renewed in my vision to reach international students! I'm so excited to go home and do anything and everything I can to spend time with Chinese students...but then I remembered my current reality. I already have the full time job of raising Lilia and Alex. In the morning I'm going to talk to another mom a little further ahead of me about this.
Dave and I have had some fun time by ourselves! Our first night we enjoyed drinks at Friday's on the balcony. Last night we tried to see the bats (didn't see them), but then went to see the Old 97's play. Today it was raining during our free time so we took a taxi to the movies to watch Date Night. Very funny!!!!! It had to be with Steve Carell and Tina Fey.
This week rocks! A BIG GIANT thank you to our moms and dads who have made this possible!!!! Thank you to Scott Christen who flew us here for free! And a big thank you to God for showing up at this conference and answering our prayer requests.

No comments:

Post a Comment