Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter memories

I think Easter is my favorite holiday. I have great memories as a kid growing up of Easter. I had about 10 cousins and we would do Easter egg hunts at my Nannie and Poppop's house. Also it's such a huge celebration! Jesus conquered death. No other god can claim that, Jesus is the only one!
I didn't grow up in a Christian home, but we grew up going to church. I vividly remember the year that my brother and I got a children's Bible in our Easter baskets. It was a yellow book. I know I read it because I remember the story of Jericho where the walls came tumbling down.
It's so cool how even though my parents weren't Christians they still took Matt and I (usually unwillingly) to church and got us Bibles. Thanks God for shaping me to believe in you long before I would truly understand you and accept you as Lord in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment