Monday, December 28, 2009

Sleepy Head

Yesterday we had Christmas w/Dave's extended family. Dave's Aunt Linda rocked with Alex asleep for a long while and my mother-in-law took over when Aunt Linda needed to eat. Then he slept in the car ride to my parent's house. (I'm staying at their house for the week b/c Dave's away at a Bridges conference.) Then he slept from 8:30pm till 10pm when I woke him up to eat again. He went back to sleep by 11:15 and slept till 4:45am. He ate very briefly and fell right asleep. He started to stir around 7 so I woke him up to eat.
I'm telling you all this because Alex hasn't slept this well and this much since he was a few weeks old!!!!!!!! It was so wonderful. Sleep begets sleep. Maybe he's catching up from weeks of not sleeping. Either way, I'm SO THANKFUL!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I just read a bit of your blog. Sounds like sleep has been challenging for you all! I'm so sorry to hear that. I know first hand how difficult that is. Are things consistently getting better for you and Alex? How is his reflux? He looks like such a happy baby in his pictures - so adorable! And I LOVED the video of him laughing. Maggie hasn't yet learned the belly laugh, but I can't wait. Until then, her smiles more than keep me going, and she's sleeping really well, so I can't complain. Hope things are getting better for you. Keep in touch!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete