Friday, September 18, 2009

I'm back in Asia

On Tuesday I went down to Clark Park with Lilia. As I was there I noticed a bunch of Chinese women gathered. There were moms, grandmoms and children. It was so neat. It totally felt like I was back in Asia. That had been almost my everyday...at the playground surrounded by Asian women!
So I met one woman named Dan. She has a daughter a little older than Lilia and twins boys, less than a year old. We talked for a bit (in English of course) and it was nice getting to talk to her.
Well tonight we went to Keung's fellowship night at his church. Keung had helped us paint along with William, Lewis and John - the one who became a Christian. There was a Chinese dinner followed by a lecture. Lilia and I hung out for the dinner but left after.
We had just finished eating when Dan and her daughter walked in the door! It was such a cool surprise. The one Chinese woman I met shows up at this dinner. I sat with her and her daughter Rae as they ate. It was really neat connecting with her again.