Monday, July 6, 2009

My Daughter the Thief

This morning we took a trip to the grocery store. Lilia loves going because she gets to ride in those ridiculous carts that have a yellow & red toy car attached to the front.
SIDE NOTE: Have you ever tried steering one of those? I bump into stuff all the time b/c the front end is so out there. I also drive a Honda Civic that has a pretty sweet turning radius.
Anyway, so we're checking out and then we pull away. I was pushing the cart in the parking lot and orange Mentos shot out from under the wheel. I thought, 'Oh, someone must have dropped the candy and I hit it with my cart.' I unload all the bags into the trunk and bent down to get Lilia out. 
There she was eating a pack of Mentos. About 1/3 of it was gone. It was her Mentos that I ran over. I never would have guessed it was hers. So we had to go back into the store and apologize for stealing and pay for the candy.
I put them in my purse and finished them off later. After all, my daughter shouldn't have all that candy.