Tuesday, June 2, 2009

WE MADE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We crossed the ocean and made the long journey back to America. Our day of travelling started on June 1st at 11:15 am with a trip to the airport. We had a good flight out of Asia to Chicago. Lilia slept a total of 7-8 hours or so on the plane. That made it very doable for Dave and I.
The challenge was getting to our next destination with only 45 minutes in between an international and domestic flight. Due to weather in Chicago we landed late. We had to get our luggage, go through customs and give our luggage back to the flight people. Then we had to run to our gate, go through security and get on the plane. We made it with 10 MINUTES to spare before they closed the plane door! It was very emotional and stressful.
It was amazing to see our family on the other side of the doors! My mother-in-law even had a fresh Philly soft pretzel (very different from Aunite Anne's) waiting for me! I think my love language is food.
Lilia did amazing on the hour long car ride home. She didn't even mind her car seat. She yelled out to my brother in another car, "Look shu shu (means uncle), I'm riding in my car."
My parents even made Lilia's room super special as well as ours. They are too good to us! It's good to be home. Except that we are still waiting on our luggage. Due to such a short amount on time between flights, our luggage is being delivered today. No big deal though.
Oh, and our 1st night's sleep was awful. Lilia freaked out in her bed. Dave got about 2 hours and me 1 1/2. Good thing we have time off to adjust!