Saturday, June 25, 2016

Half Moon Bay, California


It was my first time to experience the Pacific ocean. It was a sunny and surprisingly warm June 15th. The weather app said it would be 61 degrees. We dressed in pants, t-shirts and hoodies. I just happened to grab the kids swim suits. When we arrived on the beach it was actually warm enough to take off our jackets. The kids quickly changed into their suits and ran toward the big, swirling waves that were the pacific ocean. I of course joined them. I wasn't going to pass up a change to stick my toes in an ocean I'd never been to before. The water was very cold. Within a few minutes my feet were starting to hurt from the cold. I stood back on the sand and watched the kids play joyfully; completely oblivious of how cold the ocean was.
Lilia and Aubrey playing in the sand


Lilia's famous ocean pose...as if embracing the sea.

Lilia and Sydney experiencing the waves


I've never seen a bigger clump of seaweed!


 I found this awesome strand of seaweed that reminded me of a rope. I brought it back for the kids thinking they would play a game of "giddy up horsey," or something like that. They had no interest, but I found a game I could play ... jump rope! I couldn't believe how strong it was!










As we took our family photo, a wave came a little too close. Dave was wearing jeans and wasn't willing to get them wet!

No comments:

Post a Comment