Friday, January 10, 2014

Nature in Winter


I went walking yesterday at the Wissahickon. It's my absolute favorite place. I crave nature and this place is only 20-25 minutes from our house, from West Philly. I love it!
Yesterday was incredible! As all these runners would pass by me here and there I realized I could never be a runner. First of all I hate running, but second I would stop every 20 feet to admire nature around me, and take pictures.
The river was flowing but there were icy spots along the banks. The picture above (the first one) was actually where the river completely stopped flowing and just froze until it rounded the corner 1/4 mile away and wound along Lincoln Drive.
I had fun throwing rocks onto the ice to see if I could break it. First of all, most of the fist sized rocks were frozen to the ground. When I could break one away and throw it onto the ice, the rock only bounced away. I know I'm not very strong, but I think the ice was also sorta thick.
It was a perfect morning of getting outside and enjoying the incredible beauty that God creates in the winter!



No comments:

Post a Comment