Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Tuesday morning

 Tuesday morning is my new favorite morning!
Lilia is in school, Alex is at preschool and I have a little over two hours to myself.
It, is, GLORIOUS!
After we came home from an incredible and life-giving summer in Colorado I knew getting out into nature and connecting with God had to be a priority this semester. I've been taking Tuesday morning as that.
From Alex's school it's a 20 minute trek up Lincoln Drive to the Wissahickon Trail, near Valley Green Inn. A handful of times Dave has been able to join me, but now he has a Bible study Tuesday mornings.
Either way, I'm getting into nature, getting exercise and connecting with God. In the winter I get so depressed. The cold weather, grey skies, and time spent indoors just kills me. Exercise and hiking/walking are keeping the winter blues far away!


Some people connect with God best through music, or Christian fellowship, but for me it's nature. Setting my eyes on the wonders of what God has created causes me to worship Him. There is something deep in my soul that's touched when I'm out in nature. I think that is why I dragged the kids hiking this summer in Co. I have such fond memories of hiking with my family and I want to create that with my kids. I want to point out the incredible beauty that God shows us; his art work; his creativity, in hopes that they will worship Him in this way too. Maybe not to the same degree as me, but hopefully in some way.
So Tuesday mornings are my favorite. It's not every Tuesday morning that I can do this, but when I do - I'm set, I'm filled up, I'm happier. My kids benefit when I'm refreshed, my husband benefits when I'm refreshed and I am quicker to spill out God's love. Praise be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment