Tuesday, April 23, 2013

When life gives you lemons...

When life gives you lemons make lemonade.
That's how the phrase goes right?
Instead of making lemonade (that's for optimists), I make a sour face. And that's what I've been doing for over a week now.
Two weekends ago Lilia woke up with pink eye. Who ever created pink eye is so incredibly evil! That stuff is awful.
I'm already borderline OCD about germs and so this just pushed me over the edge. I was terrified of any of us getting it. The drops were a pain because Lilia would squeeze her eye so shut I had to PRY it open just to maybe get the drops in.
Dave threw up and was in bed all day Monday, the 15, the day before his birthday.
Tuesday Lilia threw up once and was fine the rest of the day.
Thursday Alex woke up with pink eye. So of course I used the same drops. I wasn't going to waste $25 and an hour of my time for some doc to tell me what I already knew.
Lilia got pink eye again on Friday.
Have I mentioned that I have ZERO compassion. I don't do well with sick people.
I would make the world's worst nurse.
The patient rings for the nurse. I come in, "What? What is it now? Why do you need me again?!"
I'm not that mean to the kids, just Dave. It's laughable in our marriage - I promise.
So to all those lemons that were thrown at us, we didn't drink a single drop of lemonade. I just threw the lemons and made sour faces at them. I don't do well with sickness.
There. Now you know the real Katie. I'm exposing my sinful heart; the ugly darkness.
I think I just needed to get that all out. Ok, now I feel a bit better.
Oh and Dave woke up with viral pink eye on Monday. After that I stopped caring about getting it or passing it. It's totally out of my control. Hey, does that comment taste a tiny bit like lemonade? I'd better ask an optimist.

No comments:

Post a Comment