Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Boston Trek summary

Boston was unbelievable. It was SO worth going. It was worth leaving behind Dave and the kids. It was worth sleeping on an uncomfortable bed in a dorm room. It was worth long days and averaging 7 hrs of sleep each night. (And if you know me at all, that is not much sleep for me!) It was worth trekking around Boston the city, Boston University and lots of train rides on the "T." It was worth buying a BJ's membership which will now last me the next 14 months. (I got a really good deal.) It was worth eating lots of Chinese food, most of it very delicious, some not so good.
I am home with a greater love for the Chinese people. I love our job!!!!! I can't wait to go cherry picking this Saturday with Chinese students. I am home having grown closer to Jesus. I am home feeling so refreshed spiritually! (That side of me is so quenched at home with 2 little ones.)
There are so many "bests." The best part was hearing amazing testimonies of these Chinese students coming to America, meeting Christians, going to church, crying at the lyrics, asking questions and eventually accepting Jesus as their Saviour. The best part was seeing the incredible heart these students have to share the gospel. The best part was all the laughs! The best part was teaching the girls about surfing, which one girl Xia (sha) will try to learn when she goes back to NC.
But, the BEST, BEST part was the as a result of all the prayer, building relationships, and sharing the Good News of Jesus, is that 6 people have now gone from darkness to light. 6 people; Japanese, Korean & Chinese have moved from being an enemy of God to becoming his child.
It was so amazing!!!!!!!!
(more stories & pics to follow in the coming days)

No comments:

Post a Comment