Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Memories...

Within our first 2 weeks in East Asia we were invited over to Alex & Jenny Swem's apartment for dinner. Alex grew up there as a missionary kid and Jenny, at that time had been there 7 years.
If you know me at all then you know my love of good food. A lot of my memories of places involve food. Jenny had made for us one night enchiladas with sour cream (home-made) and a salad. Keep in mind the ingredients. I remember the tortillas were home-made as well. She's hardcore! I'm pretty sure we even had lemonade that night too. It was an awesome meal and I was super impressed that you could assemble something like that there!
Tonight I am making enchiladas for the first time. They smell amazing!!! I can't wait till they're out of the oven. We also are having salad with our dinner, hence the memory of the Swem's.

No comments:

Post a Comment